Page 1 of 1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2001 7:06 pm
by Guest
My roller furling control line is frayed and needs to be replaced. How does one attach the new line to the furling drum ? I checked the Harken web site which had detailed instructions, but they did not really clarify for me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2001 5:41 pm
by Guest
never mind- someone from Harken clued me in. thanks for all your responses

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 10:19 pm
by Guest
My line detached from the furling drum(Unit 00AL)somehow coming in from sailing today. I have also read Harken's manual and it doesn't explain anywhere how to attach the line. I don't have time to wait for a response from Harken...what's the trick?
A new J/80 owner
Terry Burke
TopNotch #405

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:01 am
by Guest
I have the old style furler, but it has a hole in the bottom of the drum where you can tie a stopper knot and feed the end of the line through.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:06 am
by Guest
I don't remember now, it has been so long, but what Chris says sounds right. I remember it was tough to get the knot small enough for the space, yet secure enough not to untie or go through the hole.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 6:44 pm
by Guest
For those who are interested, yes there is a hole in the bottom of the 00AL drum that the line is lead through, but you are likely going to have to remove the drum to get the line through it.