Page 1 of 1

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 10:13 pm
by Guest
I'm thinking of getting a "Boomkicker" so that I can easily get rid of the topping lift. Does anyone have any experience of these or other rigid vangs and if so so which size is needed ?



Cunning Plan, sail number 438.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:55 am
by Guest
I have an "old style" Hall Quick Vang which works great. I am sure Hall can tell you which size is appropriate for a J-80.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:35 pm
by Guest
I have used both the "Boomkicker" and "Hall Quick Vang". For safety as well as function get the Hall Quick Vang. Is well worth the price difference. You will not know how you lived without it.

Craig White

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 7:58 pm
by Guest
boomkicker works perfectly fine for us ... it's cheaper because it uses your existing vang .... which you've already paid for!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:02 pm
by Guest
Boomkicker get size K1000