New York

Events & Scheduling

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:16 pm

I'm moving to New York with work from the Uk where i've been racing a J109 for a couple of years. I'm going to be based in Manhattan and was wondering if anyone on here could suggest somewhere to get a j80 and have it based?

I'm not intending to have a car so was wondering how practical people think this is?

Thanks for any feedback

Ali

Postby evon » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:21 pm

Hey we're 20 min outside of NYC where we just got a J80 and would love to have you out. There's a strong racing presense, although only a couple of j80's nearby, we're working on that. Without a car you'll have to take public transport , but many members of our club are based in NYC and I'm sure you could hook up with some of them. Anyway best of luck and let us know if you'd like to come out and get a feel for the area.

As for getting a boat , it took us a month to locate one in Newport and transport it to NY. And you could always order a new boat from J Boats in Newport if that's what you're looking for.

Evan
evon

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:20 pm

There is a new fleet building in Western Long Island Sound. Access via Long Island Rail Road from NYC. COntact fleet captain John Storck via the info listed under "J80 Fleets"

[Posted by: jamie
]

Return to Events & Scheduling