Page 1 of 1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:18 am
by derek_jackson
Hi all. I am not planning on bringing our J/80 to Lake Norman as we have decided to bring our Ultimate 20 down instead. I was reading that there is potentially a major issue with the water levels on lake Norman on the ultimate 20 yahoo group. Do any of the Lake Norman J/80 guys have any info they can share? I have my fingers crossed for lots of rain for you guys for the next 4 weeks.
Cheers,
Derek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:22 pm
by woolsack
Lake Norman water level information:

http://www.duke-energy.com/lakes/levels.asp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:29 pm
by Guest
Is there a possibility of having to change venues if it does not rise? What is the contingency plan?

[Posted by: Steve LeMay
]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:01 am
by Guest
I have spoken with Don Trask who is chairman for the 2007 North American's and he assured me that the low water levels are not going to affect launching or racing.

[Posted by: Angry Chameleon
]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:19 pm
by derek_jackson
I'm not sure what the fuss is about on the U20 group but I hope you guys are right and I hope to see you all down there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:43 pm
by Guest
Rumor has it the event is moving. Any truth to this?

[Posted by: Chris Morlan
]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:07 pm
by derek_jackson
We received work today on the U20 group that everything is ok and our event is a go so hopefully it is all just rumors.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:09 pm
by derek_jackson
Sorry I can't type today.. we received word.. not work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:46 am
by Guest
Can SOMEONE please shed some light on this regatta? I have had 2 calls today saying that it is going to now be in Annapolis due to no water.
ANNAPOLIS IN NOVEMBER? Better go install that ice breaker on the bow nxt week.....

[Posted by: Steve LeMay
]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:01 pm
by Guest
Steve, you're kidding about the ice right? Last year, the first half of our Frostbite series was sailed until the week before Christmas in shorts and tee shirts. FYI the week before the J105 NA's are happening in Annapolis and the week before that, the J24 East Coast are happening. There will be no ice.

Brian

[Posted by: brian%40annapolisracing.com
]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:56 pm
by Guest
hi all, we were wondering if anyone would lend a boat to be sailed in annapolis so we can join in the fun, thanks!

[Posted by: kris zillmann
]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:49 pm
by Guest
Speaking of annapolis, we were out yesterday in 20-25kts and blew up a kite. Fun stuff! Looking forward to NAs.
Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbKY88V5fQ

[Posted by: Dragonfly
]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:01 pm
by Guest
Kris, try checking with J/world to see if they have any charter boats left. I think 4 are getting chartered now but don't know if they have any more available for the event. I think all the private local boats will be entering now - probably picking up 3-4 local boats for the event. You could also talk to J/Port - they have a bunch of 80s but their sails are really beat. If you bring your own sails and hire a diver to clean the bottom they might be willing to charter. They have a bunch of boats, 8+ at least.
Chris

[Posted by: Dragonfly
]