Class Officers for 2005

posting disabled

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:23 pm

The current term of the current Executive Board is coming to an end this year. It is time for some new ideas and new blood in the administration of our class. Members seeking to help organize and run the class business should contact any Executive Committee member to see about getting on the ballot for election. Working with David J, Scott S, Karl D, Matt B, and Jeff J has been a pleasure I will alway remember. We hope that we have lived up to your expectations as Class Officers.

Craig White

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:03 pm

Without reservation I nominate Bob Knowles from Winnipesaukee (J80 Fleet I) to replace me as Vice President. Bob has taken the lead to advance good sportsmanship and competitive racing for many years. He & his fleet have developed a solid J80 presence in the Northeast and just finished hosting an enormously successful J-Jamboree. The event boasted 22 boats, was well organized and everyone had a terrific time. I have no doubt that Bob's graciousness, class and dedication will continue to serve us well as the next Vice President.

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:52 pm

I'll second that.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:25 pm

While we are on the subject of nominations, I recommend Jason Balich of OverAchiever to be the next class treasurer. Jason is one of the most seasoned skippers, travels to many away regattas, hosts the J80 fleet at Marblehead, and has excellent organizational skills. Please support Jason as Class Treasurer!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:17 pm

I would like to nominate Uzi Ozeri for Class President.

He has done a phenominal job as Houston's Fleet Captain. He is dedicated to the sport as well as the J/80. You will not find someone more energetic in the class nor more dedicated to putting the fun into the sport, both on and off the water. He will play a lead roll in the NA's in Houston this year and will work hard for the Worlds in Corpus Christi next year.

Chris and Corey Block
Sting #67

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:52 pm

UZI! UZI! UZI!

Three cheers for the new PRESIDENT!

UZI! UZI! UZI!

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:55 pm

Excuse Me....I'm sorry...I lost my mind.
Ah...hem

I'd like to second that nomination.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:15 pm

I am pleased that Bernie Nauta has agreed to accept my nomination as Secretary of the J-80 USA Class Association. Bernie has been an active member of our Class for many years and served as Fleet 5 Captain for a few years. I feel that Bernie will be an asset for all of us.

Craig White
Warrior #256

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:23 pm

Has Uzi accepted the nomination? If not, I would like to nominate Steve Hammerman to reprise his role as president.

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:30 pm

Uzi is currently sailing a J/133 down to Key West but yes, he has accepted the nomination.

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:19 am

I would consider it an honor and a pleasure to once again serve the class in a leadership role, and would look forward to getting others involved in promoting and supporting the J/80 Class.

Return to Archived Class Association Business