Nominations for 2002 Class Officers

posting disabled

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 6:10 pm

I also support Karl's nomination as Chief Measurer. He has truly made a favorable impact to the J80 class during his first term. His dedication as demonstrated at Key West is what this class needs. In addition to Karl we will need regional measurers.

Michael Lague

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:11 pm

I support Karl DeHam's nomination as Chief Measurer. He did an excellent job in coordinating the measurements at the NOOD this fall and is committed to the success of the J80 Class!

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 07, 2002 7:20 pm

Chris,

I do not think that you can simply propose to change the existing class constitution.Please refer to section 8.4 below. In addition, the Chief Measurer position is not part of the Execuative comittee. I do not believe that the new Chief Measurer will be voted in but appointed by the new slate of officers.

8.4 The Executive Committee shall include a President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary elected by the voting members each year.

By the way If Karl wants the job I also support him but would also suggest that we need more than (1) certified measurer.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:40 pm

I surprisingly stumbled onto an interesting dialogue ongoing for over a week. While handling class business electronically certainly has merit, it may be premature to do it now. As Fleet #5 captain the past 2 years, I have seen our fleet at FWBC grow to 12 J-80s, and the participation in the Southern Circuit tripled to become the most active circuit in the country. I don't think most of them even know about this dialogue, since most do not live on this website often. I can agree with multiple year terms and voting by e-mail, but I think it just needs to be promoted properly, perhaps by a mail-out. If this is where we nominate officers, I nominate Craig White for president. I also fully support the job Karl Deham has done as treasurer (we can actually now get stickers) and measurer and nominate him for same.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2002 11:09 am

Fleet 5 had a meeting last night and was interested in finding out how to get a copy of "The J-80 Class Constitution". It appears this has not been sent to all members of the Class. As Fleet Captain, could one of the Class Officers send this document to me? I will distribute to the members of Fleet 5. Reviewing the notes in this forum, it has come to my attention that no one in our Fleet has access to this document. Is this document posted on the Home Page? I may have missed it.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 11, 2002 4:54 pm

Hi Craig: I was advised about two months ago that the old constitution was being updated and would be posted online at some point.

I'd like to hope that a draft will be posted soon on the forum for comment and amendment, so that a vote of adoption by the class membership might be held in conjunction with officer elections.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:16 pm

I would like to nominate PK Carelli for 2002 Class Secretary, PK has expressed interest in building a class data base and an interactive website. I believe that electing PK to the comittee is a good move. This will also offer some continuation with regard to on going class business.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:21 pm

I would like to nominate Mike Legue to be the 2002 class treasurer. Mike has a financial background and is a very active competitor. Mike and I have discussed the need for preparing budgets and making financial reports available on the web.( In a secured member only section )

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2002 6:27 pm

GENERAL NOTE

I recall from the class meeting in Key West that we were going to hold elections and have new officers in place by March 1.

If any other attendants of the meeting read this posting please correct me if I am wrong.

Suggestion for Election Protocall

Each nominated member should prepare a brief mission statment, this should be mailed out to currnet members with a return ballot. Ballots should be mailed to J-Boats in RI for final tabulation.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 20, 2002 11:31 pm

Geoff has done a nice job of repeating the suggestion from Jeff Johnstone regarding a brief statement from each nominee on the ballot. Nominations will close February 28, as announced in this forum thread. Each nominee will e-mail a brief statement to the Class Secretary, who will mail out the statements with ballots and a copy of the J/80 USA Constitution for ratification. Since Geoff did not help with the rewriting of the constitution as he had offered and had promised to do, I took some time off last week and did it myself. The Exec Committee is working on the final details and will have it completed in time for ratification with the ballot. Anyone with questions please feel free to contact me.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2002 12:01 pm

I second Geoff's nomination of Pete Carelli to be 2002 Class Secretary.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2002 2:06 pm

Once again checking my notes from Key West, I believe that the topic of modifying the constitution did come up, there were several volenteers including me. I believe that we discussed forming a comittee to look into modifying the constitution. Things did not go any furher than that. I would suggest that this type of change should be made by comittee and posted on the web for member comment. I also believe that any change must be approved by ISAF. In my oppinion we should hold the election first and then form comittees to deal with some of these issues.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2002 4:37 pm

I'll make this my last reply to personal issues. When someone continually complains about things not getting done or not getting done his way, my response has been to offer that person a chance to help out - to contribute to the work that is getting done or needs to get done. Presenting biased or incomplete versions of behind-the-scenes activity of the class does not foster growth nor cohesiveness. Prior to Key West Race Week, Geoff was personally offered an opportunity to help revise the not-yet-ratified J/80 USA Constitution draft. This document was never officially adopted and was not for public consumption. The issue was brought up again at the town meeting in KW, where the offer to help was repeated. No work was done - instead, the text had been sent in confidence via personal e-mail prior to KWRW was quoted and posted on this forum. The work has now been done by the Exec Committee and will be voted upon in conjunction with the upcoming elections. Many things are getting done and many issues being dealt with concurrently. There is no need to call for redundant committees and activities. The Executive Committee does not feel the need to publicly advertise how much work is getting done nor to pat ourselves on the back. We welcome personal inquiries, and we are always open to communication.

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 21, 2002 11:59 pm

I would like to nominate Bernie Nauta for class president. Bernie has served admirably as the fleet 5 captain and helped our fleet grow at a healthy rate. This year his replacement, Craig White has some pretty big boots to fill, and I'm sure that he would conceed the national position to Bernie.

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:44 am

I will second the nomination of Bernie Nauta for class president.

Steve
Ghost Dancing

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Class Association Business