Nominations for 2002 Class Officers

posting disabled

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 29, 2002 7:58 pm

As Per the meeting hld at Key West Race Week I believe that we will be electing a new slate of officers by March 1, 2002. Since we do not have a protocall for election I suggest that we nominate officers n the web, second nominations and hold some type of vote.

If anyone has any suggestion post it.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2002 6:46 pm

I would like to nominate Geoff Perieni as the J80 Class President. Geoff has been an upstanding class member for many years and has participated in most of the major class events. Just last year he participated at Key West, Annapolis, numerous J80 events in Newport including the Worlds, Marblehead and Larchmont. Geoff has had experience in class management in developed progressive classes such as J105 and J24. His dedication and commitment to bringing this class to the next level is second to none. He is a role model Corinthian sailor with honesty and integrity. He is a successful self-employed business man which proves that he knows how to get things done.

It would be an honor to the J80 class to have Geoff as our President.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 30, 2002 7:36 pm

Thanks to Geoff for getting this thread going. Nominations will be accepted from current Class Association members. All nominations seconded by current members will appear on a ballot to be mailed out in March and each regular class member will have one vote. Nominations will be accepted until February 28. Please contact one of the current Class Officers if you have any questions. Also, please make sure that the Class Secretary has your current mailing address.

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:12 pm

Did anyone take miniutes at Key West, my notes indicate that we were going to attempt to have new officers in place by March 1. I am looking into a web based service which can tabulate votes for us. I have an associate who may be able to work something out.

I suggest that we cut off nomination 2/15 and hold this vote 2/28 on line if possable

A simple solution might be to select someone not involved with the calss to recieve votes via e-mail and or phone. The e-mail addresses can be cross referenced against class membership.

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:13 pm

As suggested by Geoff via personal e-mail:

"I would suggest that we try to mail hard ballots out by mid March. An election on the web will not work at this time...."

Arrangements have been made to accommodate those suggestions. Ballots will be mailed to each currently registered class member and will be tabulated when received by return mail. Watch your mailboxes in early March!

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2002 9:50 am

I will second Michael's nomination of Geoff. Do any other class members have an interest in running or holding office?

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 02, 2002 10:39 am

I would like to Nominate Martin Kald as VP. Martin has been an active participant and seems to take a good analytical look at things. I think that If I am elected that I can count on Martin to look at the Big Picture.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:35 am

Hey guys;
This thread is great. But, only if you stumble upon it as I just did. Does anyone outside the KWRW attendees know this is happening?

Can a note be put on the front page? Or can emails be sent out. This might increase the participation.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:43 am

I would like to second Geoff's nomination of Martin Kald for VP. He did a great job on KWRW and his heart is in the right place.

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 03, 2002 12:04 pm

While it is not required, I would like to add my endorsement for Martin Kald's nomination. After seeing firsthand the organizational job he did at two consecutive Key West events, as well as numerous times in between, it is clear that there is no more vocal or tireless proponent of the class than "The Mayor of Stock Island"

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 11:37 am

I have not seen any mention of the Chief Measurer. Since Gregg Morash's departure from the class, Karl deHam has stepped in and done an outstanding job of formalizing the measurement process and we have made huge strides towards equalizing boats. At the same time, Karl has cleaned up the bookkeeping in his role as treasurer. He has also been very timely with delivery of transom stickers and has even devised and produced membership cards a la the J24 class. I think the class membership owes Karl a huge debt of gratitude for his tireless service, even in the face of adverse conditions. Let me be the first to suggest that Karl be formally named Chief Measurer and be asked to stay in that position for at least another year.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 1:05 pm

I too salute Karl DeHam. He has done a great job all across the board. I would like to see Karl back again for another term. Karl has done a great job, and having him back would add some continuity to the transition. I would welcome Karl back as treasurer or chief measurer. It all depends on what he is interested in doing and what he has time for. He did a great job at Key West, and is a fine example of the type of people we need to ensure that the class moves forward. I would be delighted to nominate Karl for either position.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:12 pm

I would like to nominate the current slate of officers (with the exception of Gregg Morash-see separate posting on that topic) to run for re-election if they are willing. They have served less than one calendar year, which is surely not long enough to accomplish much in a volunteer organization. Despite their brief tenure, they have made great strides toward unifying the class and building the infrastructure required to properly run the organization. In the future, I propose that all officers be elected to two year terms in the interest of continuity.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:08 pm

A short comment with respect to Chris Morlan's suggestion that officers should serve a two year term - I agree, however, I think that we should consider staggering the terms. This would help keep the transition smooth, and add some continuity to changes that are in progress. Food for thought.

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:07 pm

I agree with Martin, and in fact considered suggesting this in my original posting. Since I understand a constitution is in the works, perhaps that is the appropriate forum to address the issue.

Next

Return to Archived Class Association Business