Class Constitution

posting disabled

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:17 pm

I bought my boat over a year ago. It is a great, fun toy - but I still have been unable to obtain a copy of the rules by which the class association is governed - and this is very frustrating and discouraging.

Will someone please post on this forum copies of the original constitution approved by the ISAF in 10/99 and the new constitution which members will be asked to ratify in March. Simply mailing the new constitution out for ratification without the opportunity for review and comment ("take it or leave it") doesn't seem like a good approach.

Wasn't at KWRW, so I'm uninformed what incident provoked the following note: "Jeff Johnstone cited precedent for the official measurer at an event handling individual measurement issues privately with boats in question and not publicly announcing changes required of those boats."

My 2-cents is everyone should play by the same rules when racing OD (= Constitution should require Chief Measurer to announce changes required of boats, even embarrassing ones like having to unbolt an anatomically-correct love doll from the cabin floor.)

Hopefully these comments will not make me a future target of the suggested KALD AMENDMENT (Martin Kald: "My recommendation to the Executive committee is to add an amendment to the J/80 Class Association Constitution that would...give the Executive Committee the power and authority to rid the class of indiduals whose conduct and behavior undermines the the J/80 Class. No warnings.")

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 28, 2002 5:46 pm

Tom:

My comments were directed at individuals who fail to leave their name. I belive you are entitled to your opinion, and I will fight for your right to express that opinion, however, I want to know whom I am fighting for.

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:53 pm

Is the class constitution available on the new site??? What happended to the tuning specs and other helpful info???

Return to Archived Class Association Business