Nominations for 2003-2004 Class Officers

posting disabled

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:01 am

Nominations for the upcoming J/80 Class Association USA elections will be accepted online from current Class Association members. All nominations seconded by current members will appear on a ballot to be mailed out in early December and each regular class member will have one vote. Nominations will be accepted until November 30. Please contact me if you have any questions. Also, please make sure I have your current mailing address.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 17, 2002 6:43 pm

Gentlemen (and ladies).
I d like to take this opportunity and nominate Craig white for the presidency of our class.
Craig is a consistent racer (consistently in front I might add) that has sailed every southern circuit regatta for the last two years and was able to mobilize a lot of boats to join the racing in our area.
Together with his wife Martha he has been able to show us how you can take the time and make the effort to make things happen for the j 80 fleet.
This year Craig took the initiative to head the Key West campaign for the class. I’m sure there are a lot of j80 racers in our neck of the woods that know much more about Craig and will support this nomination.
With Craig and Martha at the helm of the j80 class we will have a husband and wife team attending to the needs of the class.

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 18, 2002 12:30 pm

I would like to second Craig's nomination and add that I am sure that, if elected, he will do an outstanding job as Class President. He is dedicated to the J-80 class and has consistently shown his support through his actions.

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:52 pm

Hello All,

As you can see I have been relatively inactive on the forum. Mainly because forum activity got quite ugly and I had to crawl under a rock. I will not be making a nomination at this time because I think that is useless. It is obvious that The Texas owners are united and are willing to do whatever it takes to keep control. I am no longer interested in fighting that battle.

I would however ask that when you elect the new slate of Texans that you choose people who are active in racing and traveling. We will do what we can to save the J80 class on the East coast but with several key players selling boats this will not be easy. Please do me a favor, if we hold an event, do not belittle it. If you do not want to attend, fine. But realize that influencing owners not to travel through boycott and the use of the class funded web sight for propaganda which is open to the public is wrong.

The Official J80 Class Web Site should be informative and promote J80 Racing World Wide. Let’s keep the competition for on the water.

For Example: How about something like this for the North American Championship:

Competitors from the USA, Puerto Rico and Canada battle in Annapolis for the North American Title in some of the closest racing the class has scene to date. Kerry Klinger from Larchmont NY finishes 1,2 on last day to defeat Jay Lutz.
Quote: “The top Ten were strong, I do not think that anyone got away without a double digit throw out.â€

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:30 pm

As a "Texan", I will not bias my vote on geographics. I attended the N/A's and put together a team of misfits to support the class.
This East/West war will do nothing but destroy the class, lower boat resale value and generally piss everyone off. It is in our hands people. I would love to see many nominations for officers and give a variety of say so in class business.
Lets all have beers in Key West and bury this dead dog...You know who you are.........

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:50 pm

Who let the dogs out? , Who?, who?,
I hope the j80 class has actually a little more class. I`d like to think that negative campaign is left for people who would benefit financially after elected as apposes to people who will have to work hard to serve a class with very little glory and a lot of criticism.
I is sad times to see a lot of northeast j80 class movers and shakers selling their boats(mike, martin, p.k, doug)
It is not the class intention to belittle efforts of members traveling across the US
Lord knows economics played a major roll ( I`m still dreaming about sailing long island sound and the Chesapeake bay)
It all has to do with leadership and initiative to mobilize a class, lot of emails, countless phone calls to class members to join a regatta, and sometime a little arm-twisting.
In Texas we were fortunate enough to build good fleets and we like nothing more than to see the eastern seaboard fleets recover and put foreword strong representation of class officers.
You guys put a north American championship that people talk about to this date. Please build on it.
This is NOT a Texas j80 class association, this is a national class so please applaud our efforts, and we are trying so hard to make things happen.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:14 pm

To all J-80 Class Members

I would like to nominate Mr. Mike Lague as Class Vice President. Mike has been a staunch supporter of J-80 racing for over 4 years and I believe he has right attitude about how to help move this class in the right direction. We need a Vice President that is going to be active in helping get things done, and Mike Lague has a history of stepping up when help is needed.

Robert Miller
JESTER

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:06 am

I second Mike's nomination.

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:21 pm

Old wounds heal slowly. Please gentlemen not another ugly campaign, the J/80 is a very good boat and deserves a clean positive and constructive campaign. Remember the class is only as good a the people behind it.
The quickest way to destroy the class and the resale value of you boat is to fight the east/west war...
It is like the luffing up game, two boats get very involved and the rest of the fleet is tacking advandage and overtake them.

Our job is to support the class, grow the numbers of boats on the water, elect new officers and get on with it.

I would have thought the main offenders from last year would be a bit wiser and would have learnt the lesson.
The j/80 deserves better....please

Bob von Felten
Cafe Latte
# 95

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 21, 2002 7:05 pm

I would like to nominate Mike(Lague)'s wife for class Vice President. Maybe Joe Waters can give Maggie a call ...or maybe we all should since all the participants at the NA's now have her number! Mike could help her out ... or Joe or Steve Lopez or.....

"A vote for Mike is a vote for Maggie" It's got a good ring.

It would be great to have the both of you in office!!

Jay Lutz

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:06 am

If you guy's were at the N/A's you understand how funny Lutz's message is. Hell, I talked to Maggie on the phone for about 10 minutes and I'm a Texan.

Robert Miller
JESTER

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:43 am

There is a rumor that the J80 class will organise an event in Medemblik, The Netherlands 2003 in July?
Can somebody inform me directly about the status of this rumor.(Is this European Championship or other?)
FYI the dutch J24 Class Ass. will run the World Championship J24 in Medemblik from 15-22 august 2003 in Medemblik!
smooth sailing
Remco van den Berg
President dutch J24 Class ass.

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2002 10:48 am

I would like to suggest that Karl deHam continue in the role of Treasurer and/or Chief Measurer. I believe Treasurer is an elected position and C.M. is appointed? Since taking over these offices Karl has made HUGE strides in bringing the organization to where it needs to be. Back royalties have been collected, boats have been weighed, sails have been measured, and rules have been clarified. I think we all owe Karl a huge THANK YOU for his work to date and a huge PLEASE when asking him to continue!

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:47 pm

I second Chris's motion for Karl to continue as Treasurer and Chif Measurer. A huge THANK YOU and Karl will you PLEASE accept this nomination?

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:43 am

Maggie for president.....(of the world of course)

Next

Return to Archived Class Association Business