Mast Step

posting disabled

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2001 8:52 pm

Does anybody have a boat that my be around hull number 345. I would like to talk about your mast step and see how you fell about its placement.
Ken

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2001 10:08 pm

Ken-

I have hull #334 so it should be the same production run as yours. I had to drill additional sets of holes to be able to set the mast butt where it needed to go according to suggestions in the tuning guides, etc.

Good luck with it.

Scott

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 15, 2001 2:16 pm

I just bought #340, but I haven't had a chance to sail it yet. The dealer raced it at KW and they had to redrill to correct mast step placement as well. I feel better knowing that my boat wasn't the only one.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2001 1:05 am

Well, That is not a new problem. The mast step on Javelin #36 had been moved twice as evidenced by the multiple sets of holes. You would think that they would not drill any holes if they couldn't locate them correctly. If multiple holes constitutes "lightening" I wish that they did it elsewhere. See you all in Ft. Worth tomorrow.

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 27, 2001 6:58 pm

Tom,
You said you have moved your mast step setting twice? Every one else seems to think that the (north sails) tuning guide is right. Is there any other seeting worth trying? I was just wondering if i am the only guy not putting my step where it says to.
Ken

Return to Archived Maintenance Topics