J/80 Package Deal?

posting disabled

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 1:35 pm

Can someone tell me if JBoats still puts together a special J80 package complete with trailer, sails, etc? If not what is the going price these days? I'm a former J80 owener that moved to a cruising boat and really miss the J80.

Thanks for any help.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 2:47 pm

The last one was for orders placed before October 25, 2002. The price was $45,900.

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:05 pm

I went to TPI late last fall for a warranty issue, my J80 rudder. Then I inquired about the fall program. I was told at that time that there had not been enough interest/orders, and it was uncertain if they would make a run of boats at that time. Can anyone confirm if TPI did in fact make a run, and what is the last USA hull number?

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 03, 2003 7:33 pm

I was told by the Colorado Jboat Dealer that they didn't make a production run in 2002, don't know why (economy?). I understand the going price is right around 45K.

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:38 am

TPI did a spring 2002 run. Due to insufficient buyer interest,the production run for the fall package deal was held off. I've been told that a 2003 production run is slated, probably sometime in the late spring. Hull numbers are currently in the mid-500's with J/Composite in France producing roughly 8 boats/month last year.

Return to Archived Maintenance Topics