Quantum Sails

posting disabled

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 02, 2001 6:59 am

I am sailing #199 "Jungle", built in France by J Composite and am very happy with her. Today, I am on the process to renew my set of racing sails and had a look on the local market. In France, the J80 market is shared between X-Voiles and North Sails France, both at the same price. It seems that each of these sailmakers have it's own preferences, X in the breeze and NS in light air.
I am looking for a compromise and since my budget is not that large (ie: as a Frenchman, it is now very expensive to buy anything in USD), I am thinking about alternate solutions from sailmakers that are not yet represented in France in this class, hoping that it could be easier to obtain a rebate. In this category, I think of Quantum France and heard quite positively about their shapes.
Could anybody give me information about their production and the kind of conditions they are usually good with?
Merci beaucoup,
Franck

Postby Guest » Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:46 am

Franck Bonjour,

Je trouve trés interressant votre reflexion sur le choix des voiles pour le J80.

Il me semble que l'on pourrait en discuter ensemble puisque je m'occupe du developpement des voiles de J80 pour la Voilerie Delta Voiles.

Voilerie Championne du Monde 2002 de la serie.

Voici mes coordonnées: 06 81 43 09 98

Cordialement

Laurent Abignoli

Return to Archived Sails & Tuning