New Sheets

Maintenance Topics

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:52 am

I'm looking for new sheets (Jib and Main) for my 2002 boat (it was a package deal from JBoats) and I'm not even sure what I had, much less what I should be looking for.

Any suggestions?

[Posted by: Dave Smith
]

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:42 am

try Nan Hall at hallspars.com

[Posted by: Ron Vranich
]

Postby sdbob » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:07 am

Check their price, let me know if the jib sheet is tapered (I doubt it is). I might be able to beat their price. I plan on tapering my main sheet as it gets eased and there are many turns on the purchase. I'll try to price out a new set of sheets this weekend. Do you have tapered spin sheets? That's most important of all.
sdbob

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:53 am

Better check the class rules before you lay out good money for tapered sheets. Both the mainsheet and headsail sheets must be minimum 8mm, that's 5/16" for those of us on the west side of the pond.

[Posted by: Bob Lemaire
]

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:19 pm

I had a good set of tapered, continuous spin sheets and tapered tack line built at APS in annapolis. They did a good job. I didn't taper the main or jib sheets. If you want me to measure the length of the tapers I'd be glad to.

[Posted by: Chris Johnson
]

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:55 pm

<a href="">day care liability insurance</a> <a href="">latest mortgage rates</a> <a href="">racine mortgage</a> <a href="">mortgage marketing advertising</a> <a href="">health insurance for self employed in maryland</a>

[Posted by: red
]

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:06 pm

Time to replace my mainsheet. Thinking about using a singlebraid (like Swiftcord) but know they tend to flatten. What are most folks using?

[Posted by: Chris Morlan
]

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:41 pm

Buy Maffioli swiftcord. It is super good on the hands and is single braid with no cover.

[Posted by: Steve LeMay
]

Return to Maintenance Topics