Parts for J80s

Maintenance Topics

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:33 am

Is anyone interested in knowing where to buy replacement parts for the J80? I am putting Hull #1 back together and am buying parts from all over the country.

Should we post purchases we have made?

[Posted by: William McKinnon
]

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:32 pm

I have a good assortment of J80 parts recovered from Hull #52 following its demise in a building collapse.

[Posted by: Bob Knowles
]

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:11 pm

You can contact Waterline Systems/USWatercraft. They are handling customer service in the US for the J/80. I think they have the TPI molds and are looking to begin building boats (J/80's)here in the USA soon. Good idea to support the builder.

[Posted by: Mighty Bostone
]

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Posting part supplier info sounds like a great idea William. I'm looking to replace my pintles and or gudgeons - there's quite a bit of play in mine that I'd like to remove. I think it's a big source of vibration while motoring.

[Posted by: David Schutte
]

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:24 am

Need help on sourcing out the forestay chainplate replacement of my 1994 US J80.

[Posted by: Bill Hunter
]

Postby evanwellens » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:30 pm

http://www.waterlinesystems.net or your local metal shop might be able to salvage your original. Keep in mind if waterlinesystems doesn't have it in stock might take a while.
evanwellens

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 am

Thanks Evan, no reply to my email from them yet. Guess I will loosen the mast rigging, tie it with the jib halyards and remove the stemhead tang to show to metal shop. It shows a crack on one side!

]

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:11 am

Thanks Evan, no reply to my email from them yet. Guess I will loosen the mast rig, tie it with the jib halyards and remove the stemhead tang to show to metal shop - it shows a small crack on one side, but there can be considerable corrosion at the back!! Maybe I end up engineering another!

]

Postby Guest » Wed May 01, 2013 10:02 am

I replaced mine last summer. Waterline had the part.

[Posted by: Randy
]

Return to Maintenance Topics