Cunningham

Sails & Tuning

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:44 pm

What is the maximum power advantage that can be added to the factory cunningham setup? i have heard 2 to 1 but have not been able to find this in the rules. I currently have the factory stock USA 357, single block attached to the mast below the tack tick but would like to improve this within the rules.

[Posted by: Chris Johnson
]

Postby gord175 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:11 am

What is the factory setup? I seem to have only a hook on a line. On the mast between the gooseneck and vang is a small block and cam cleat. We have had light air so far and I have been able to go with the hook in the grommet and the line fed through the block to the cleat. This is only a 1 to 1 purchase. Should I be running it differently or am I missing some hardware?
gord175

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:48 am

That's the factory setup but in any kind of breeze if I have a small crew up there they sometimes can't get wrinkles out of the luff. I thought it might make sense to make their job a little easier.

[Posted by: Chris Johnson
]

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:55 pm

I'm using a "home-made" 4:1 purchase system which works fine. Not sure whether it is class legal, but not an issue as I only do handicap racing.

Massimo

[Posted by: m.polo%40polodigitale.it
]

Return to Sails & Tuning