Postby Guest » Mon May 22, 2006 7:39 pm

2006 J/80 Circuit Stop
June 24-25 2006
Hosted by
Corpus Christi Yacht Club
Corpus Christi, Texas

NOTICE OF RACE

1. RULES
1.1. This regatta shall be governed by the 'rules' as defined by the International Sailing Federation (ISAF) Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2005-2008, except as any of these are modified by the Sailing Instructions and any amendments thereto.
1.2. The US SAILING Prescriptions will apply.
1.3. The ISAF Recognized J/80 Class Association (IJCA) Class Rules (CR) in effect at the time of the regatta will apply.
1.4. In accordance with RRS Appendix G3, a boat chartered or loaned for this event may carry national letters or a sail number in contravention of the CR.

2. ORGANIZING AUTHORITY
The organizing authority for this regatta is Corpus Christi Yacht Club.

3. ADVERTISING
3.1. This event is classified as Category C in accordance with ISAF Regulation 20, Advertising Code.
3.2. CR C.7.1 Restrictions on Category C Advertising apply.

4. ELIGIBILITY
4.1. This event is open to any J/80 boat with a valid IJCA Measurement Certificate and in compliance with CR B.1.1.
4.2. This event is a "Member" event and Helmsperson eligibility shall be determined in accordance with CR C.2. Copies of the following referencing the appropriate J/80 shall be required for registration to document eligibility:
Certificate of Title
Certificate of Liability Insurance

5. BOATS
The regatta will be sailed on a bring-your-own-boat basis.

6. MEASUREMENT
6.1. Each boat must possess a valid Measurement Certificate.
6.2. Boats and sails shall be subject to inspection measurement to ensure compliance with the CR as provided by RRS 78.

7. ENTRIES
7.1. Entries are to be made via the supplied form and mailed to the Corpus Christi Yacht Club, 98 Coopers Alley Corpus Christi TX 78401, with fees payable to the Corpus Christi Yacht Club.
7.2. The fee for entries is $60.00 per boat. The entry fee includes social activities for skippers and up to 3 additional crew members. Boat storage after the circuit regatta until the Worlds July 8 2006 will be an additional $40. Cut off for entries are 8:30 June 23, 2006. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the organizing authority and shall be subject to an additional $15 late fee.
7.3. Entry is not complete and a yacht will not be permitted to compete until documentation required in 4.2. has been filed with the organizing authority.

8. SCHEDULE

Friday June 23 1700-2000 Registration, Measurement and Crew Weigh in

Saturday June 24 800 – 830 Registration, Measurement and Crew Weigh in
830 Late registration closes
900 Skippers Meeting
1030 Warning Signal for first race of the day
Additional races to follow
Lunch on the water
1800 Poolside refreshments

Sunday June 25 900 Warning signal for the first race of the day
Additional races to follow
No races will start after 1230
Poolside refreshments and Awards presentation after racing

8.1. This event will have a maximum of six races.

9. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
Sailing Instructions will be available at registration and thereafter will be available at the club office. The official message board will be located on the outside window of the Chart Room at Corpus Christi Yacht Club.

10. COURSES
Windward Leeward courses will be sailed on Corpus Christi Bay in the area indicated at the Skippers Meeting. Leeward gates and offset marks will be used.

11. ARBITRATION
For protests involving an alleged breach of the rules of Part 2 of the RRS, a short arbitration hearing will be held prior to a protest hearing. This modifies Part 5 Section B of the RRS.

12. SCORING
12.1. Two races are required to be completed to constitute a series.

13. CREW
Each yacht's crew shall not be changed during the regatta, except with a written request for crew substitution and prior written approval by the race committee. Substitution after the skippers meeting will be permitted only in exceptional circumstances.

14. PRIZES
14.1. Overall prizes will be awarded for first through fifth place.

15. HAUL-OUT RESTRICTIONS
Boats shall not be hauled out during the regatta except with and according to the terms of prior written permission of the race committee.

16. DIVING EQUIPMENT AND PLASTIC POOLS
Underwater breathing apparatus and plastic pools or their equivalent shall not be used around boats between the preparatory signal of the first race and the end of the regatta.

17. RADIO COMMUNICATIONS
17.1 A boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones.
17.2 The Signal boat will communicate with competitors on VHF channel 71.

18. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.

19. INSURANCE
Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of $300,000 per event or the equivalent.
20. MEDIA RIGHTS
By entering this event, competitors give absolute right and permission to the Corpus Christi Yacht Club, to the ISAF Recognized J/80 Class Association, and to J/80 Class Association USA for any photography and video footage taken of persons and boats during the event to be published in any media worldwide whatsoever for any editorial, promotional, and advertising purposes and to be used in press information.

21. FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information please contact:

Mark Foster Corpus Christi Yacht Club
361-816-9801 Corpus Christi, Texas
361-883-6518
markfoster@cableone.net

[Posted by: Mark Foster
]

Postby Guest » Mon May 22, 2006 9:36 pm

two corrections
7.2 close of registration is June 24

add contact Teri Ficken email
ficken78374@aol.com

Mark

]

Postby Guest » Wed May 31, 2006 8:20 pm

2006 CCYC J80 Southern Circuit Regatta
Corpus Christi Yacht Club
June 24-25th, 2006
Entry Form

Name:_____________________________________________________________________

Address:___________________________________________________________________

City:___________________________________State:_________________Zip:__________

E-mail_________________________________Home Club____________________________

Day Phone:____________________________Evening Phone:_______________________

Skipper's Name:_____________________________________________________________

Yacht Name:_______________________________Sail#:____________________________

Entry Fee: ($60)_________Check_________ Cash____________________

Race Entry Agreement

To the Corpus Christi Yacht Club:

In consideration of your acceptance of my entry, I agree to the following:

1. My yacht will be equipped to conform with any USCG safety requirements and those of the J80 Class.

2. I agree with the Club and all other contestants to comply with all the rules and sailing instructions governing the race.

3. I hereby release the Club, its Officers, agents, employees, and committee personnel from any and all liability for any injury to myself or my yacht arising out of their conduct of the race or my use of the facilities.

4. I assume any risk of injury arising out of my participation in the race, failure or breakage of my yacht or any of its equipment, or weather conditions.

5. I certify that my crew and I are able to swim.

6. I will notify CCYC or its Race Committee immediately upon my withdrawal from the race.

7. I own or have chartered the yacht entered.

_________________________________________ ____________________________
Signature of Owner or Charterer Date

Mail or bring this form with appropriate fee to J80 Race Committee, Corpus Christi Yacht Club, 98 Coopers Alley, Corpus Christi, TX 78401-2899.

]

Return to Events & Scheduling