2007 Detroit NOOD

Events & Scheduling

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby derek_jackson » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:03 pm

Is anyone else in striking distance of the Detroit NOOD's?
derek_jackson

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:50 pm

Derek,
Great to see I'm not alone up here. I was down in Dallas for the past 5 years and raced out of FWBC. This summer a job change brought me back to Detroit and I have been dry sailing out of Bayview. I made some calls / emails to those folks listed on the Class website and didn't find anybody sailing up here. I would be very interested in putting together a class for the Detroit NOOD and would be willing to do the Chicago version if folks there are available. Drop me an email and let's see what we can get done. The 80 is a great boat on the lakes and I would love to see the Class gain some traction in this area of the country!
Cheers,
Jeff Bodkin
USA 483
Dolphin

[Posted by: Jeff Bodkin
]

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:08 pm

Time is getting short. Does anybody have an interest in doing the Detroit NOOD? I am willing to help if folks need a place to stay, setting up etc.

]

Postby derek_jackson » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:16 pm

We are planning on it if we still have the boat. It may be sold.....
derek_jackson

Postby gord175 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:05 pm

We will consider it. I have only sailed the boat under PHRF. I know what equipment I have to remove but what kind of certification do I need? How do I get it?

gord
gord175

Postby derek_jackson » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm in the same situation as you Gord. Only PHRF and MORC here. I know our boat is class legal as it was raced in Key West last year, but I have no idea what I need to do as far as documentation for NOOD....
derek_jackson

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:25 am

Gordon / Derek,
The necesary equipment for the NOOD is no different than what you would have for PHRF. The races are inshore and short in duration with 2 to 3 rep's per day. If you find you are short somthing let me know and I can see if I have it sitting in the basement. In the meantime I will check with the Regatta chair to see if there is anything different and will let him know that momentum is building for a J80 class at the regatta. We only need 8 boats and I think we are pretty close to half way home. Dates are going to be June 1-3 this year so the weather aught to be great, the parties are fantastic and I'll offer up my house if folks need a place to crash. I think there is momentum growing here we need to build on this and make it happen. Come guys, I double dog dare ya!
Cheers,
Jeff

]

Postby derek_jackson » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:29 pm

Wonder if Mr. Klingler would make the trip?
derek_jackson

Postby derek_jackson » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:57 pm

It's gone quiet in here..... we just bought a U20 hull #158 so I'm guessing that most likely we will be sailing the U20 in Detroit and Toronto. It's too bad that the J80's don't catch on around this area. The lake chop makes them tough to sail to their rating, but still a great boat for the money. Any thoughts of coming up for Leukemia cup in the fall Jeff?
derek_jackson

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:44 pm

Derek,
Sorry to hear you went for the U20. Did you sell the 80? If so please forward my info as I am trying to get the ball rolling here in the Great Lakes. I spoke to Kerry and he is tied up getting client boats together for Block Island and can't make the Detroit NOOD. If you still have the boat and want to do some racing please drop me a line at UGOT2REGATTA@YAHOO.COM or just post a message here. My plans are to do some traveling with the boat this year so if Leukemia Cup is an event that we can get some boats together for I would be up to make the trip. Thinking the North Channel race could be a lot of fun too. Anybody else have a regatta that we could drum up some support for?
Regards,
Jeff

]

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:16 pm

Jeff, any further interest in Chicago for the J80? I'm thinking of bringing Church Key out. We just moved back east from out there but are always looking for an excuse to visit friends. We may come out and sail PHRF anyway. Let me know!!

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:35 am

How's the interest in Detroit. Seeing how Jeff has made the effort to come east, we are thinking about going out for Detroit. Jeff, are we going to be able to get a start at Detroit?

[Posted by: angry_chameleon
]

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:05 pm

Only bummer with Detroit is it conflicts with Sprit Fest, otherwise I'd come along. Are you guys thinking about Chicago as well?

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:56 pm

Great to feel the love! Right now we are sitting at 5 I think. We need 8 for a class and if we get within 1 boat I will pay the entry for a ghost boat to get us a start. Come on guys let's make this one happen!!

]

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:58 pm

Chris
Sorry I got so caught up in the Detroit event I forgot to answer your note. If we can get things established for Chicago I would certainly consider taking another road trip. Any interest guys?
Cheers,
Jeff

]

Next

Return to Events & Scheduling