Lake Norman Water Levels???

Events & Scheduling

Moderator: forumadmin

Postby derek_jackson » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:18 am

Hi all. I am not planning on bringing our J/80 to Lake Norman as we have decided to bring our Ultimate 20 down instead. I was reading that there is potentially a major issue with the water levels on lake Norman on the ultimate 20 yahoo group. Do any of the Lake Norman J/80 guys have any info they can share? I have my fingers crossed for lots of rain for you guys for the next 4 weeks.
Cheers,
Derek
derek_jackson
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm

Postby woolsack » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:22 pm

Lake Norman water level information:

http://www.duke-energy.com/lakes/levels.asp
woolsack
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:29 pm

Is there a possibility of having to change venues if it does not rise? What is the contingency plan?

[Posted by: Steve LeMay
]
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:01 am

I have spoken with Don Trask who is chairman for the 2007 North American's and he assured me that the low water levels are not going to affect launching or racing.

[Posted by: Angry Chameleon
]
Guest
 

Postby derek_jackson » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:19 pm

I'm not sure what the fuss is about on the U20 group but I hope you guys are right and I hope to see you all down there.
derek_jackson
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:43 pm

Rumor has it the event is moving. Any truth to this?

[Posted by: Chris Morlan
]
Guest
 

Postby derek_jackson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:07 pm

We received work today on the U20 group that everything is ok and our event is a go so hopefully it is all just rumors.
Cheers!
derek_jackson
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm

Postby derek_jackson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:09 pm

Sorry I can't type today.. we received word.. not work.
derek_jackson
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 8:00 pm

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:46 am

Can SOMEONE please shed some light on this regatta? I have had 2 calls today saying that it is going to now be in Annapolis due to no water.
ANNAPOLIS IN NOVEMBER? Better go install that ice breaker on the bow nxt week.....

[Posted by: Steve LeMay
]
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:01 pm

Steve, you're kidding about the ice right? Last year, the first half of our Frostbite series was sailed until the week before Christmas in shorts and tee shirts. FYI the week before the J105 NA's are happening in Annapolis and the week before that, the J24 East Coast are happening. There will be no ice.

Brian

[Posted by: brian%40annapolisracing.com
]
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:56 pm

hi all, we were wondering if anyone would lend a boat to be sailed in annapolis so we can join in the fun, thanks!

[Posted by: kris zillmann
]
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:49 pm

Speaking of annapolis, we were out yesterday in 20-25kts and blew up a kite. Fun stuff! Looking forward to NAs.
Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTbKY88V5fQ

[Posted by: Dragonfly
]
Guest
 

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:01 pm

Kris, try checking with J/world to see if they have any charter boats left. I think 4 are getting chartered now but don't know if they have any more available for the event. I think all the private local boats will be entering now - probably picking up 3-4 local boats for the event. You could also talk to J/Port - they have a bunch of 80s but their sails are really beat. If you bring your own sails and hire a diver to clean the bottom they might be willing to charter. They have a bunch of boats, 8+ at least.
Chris

[Posted by: Dragonfly
]
Guest
 


Return to Events & Scheduling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest